Salvation is it eternal regardless of the circumstances or not come on lets get everyone’s opinion

But what is your take on what would have happened if the prodigal son or anyone who had received salvation backslides by rejecting the Father, His Son, the Holy Ghost and totally turned away from the faith and DIED without having repented or had the opportunity to return to the fold. Would that person be heading for hell or heaven? This is a conversation that came up with a couple of my work colleague when we were in an after discussion on Luke 15:11-32 so I would be interested in having a discussion and receiving everyone's point of view.

One stipulation I would like everyone who has an opinion either way to state where they believe Judas Iscariot destination will be Heaven or Hell. Thank you

Views: 96

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

THIS IS A EMAIL RESPONSE FROM DR JERMONE TO THE QUESTION OF SALVATION. AS STATED I WILL INCLUDE FOR DISCUSSION EMAIL RESPONSE

From Dr. A. Jerome R.… to You
Sent 18 hours ago
I do not believe salvation comes in an all or everything package. I can throw you a life preserver. You have to use your own effort to get in the boat. You are only saved by your own efforts of faith and action. My sister you pose a great question.
Dr Jerome

Salvation was freely given to man when God initiate a new covenant between himself and man.

First one must understand what a Covenant is. It is an agreement between God and His people. With a covenant there is a promise and conditions.

In terms of our salvation God initiated and agreed our salvation by giving us His only begotten son Jesus Christ as a sacrificial lamb who died to redeem us of our sins and whom God rose again to give us eternal live thus reconnecting man to God. This cleared a path and provided an alternative route from satan to God. This is the article of the covenant

However, one cannot have a covenant without conditions and the conditions were WHOSOEVER, (NOTE NOT EVERYBODY) note key word (WHOSOEVER) BELIEVETH (another key word) in the son will have everlasting life.. Sometimes with a covenant the condition could be unconditional, however John 3:16 is quite clear it did not say everyone would atomically get eternal life regardless of whether you believe or not if it did then this would be unconditional therefore one would get eternal life regardless of how one chose to live etc.. It clearly said the only way to get it is to believe.

It is clear from John 3:16 that our salvation was base on a new covenant that replace the old covenant which came with conditions so when we look at someone who is walking in sin and dies in sin there is no way that person can enjoy eternal life because in order to believe in the son you must believe in his ways and if one is walking and died in sin they cannot believe in the Jesus Christ because sin is of the devil. To have sin in ones life separate us from God because sin is of the devil not of God. And if one do not believe in Jesus Christ that person have not fulfil the condition for eternal life.
Hello all, I would like to offer a few thoughts:

John 17:12 ( KJV ) While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.
These are the words that the Lord Jesus Himself spoke. I cannot speak to a man's ultimate judgment, but I know what the Lord said.

2 Peter 2:20-22 ( KJV ) 20For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. 21For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. 22But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.
Again, if we voluntarily turn from the way of righteousness, then our latter condition is worse than the first condition.

Finally, a word about salvation. Because so few Christians have truly been discipled, many are convinced that salvation is an instantaneous process. It is not. Being born again is instantaneous, but our salvation must be worked out on a day by day basis. This is why discipleship is so important. Today, many Christians preach getting saved and go to church; this is not what Jesus preached. He preached discipleship into the kingdom of God.
Amen Ronald. The majority of my videos are aimed squarely at church members because I believe that few are actually borgn again. The may have been but the lack of teaching has left them to backslide badly.

Ronald F. Mosby said:
Hello all, I would like to offer a few thoughts:

John 17:12 ( KJV ) While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.
These are the words that the Lord Jesus Himself spoke. I cannot speak to a man's ultimate judgment, but I know what the Lord said.

2 Peter 2:20-22 ( KJV ) 20For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. 21For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. 22But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.
Again, if we voluntarily turn from the way of righteousness, then our latter condition is worse than the first condition.

Finally, a word about salvation. Because so few Christians have truly been discipled, many are convinced that salvation is an instantaneous process. It is not. Being born again is instantaneous, but our salvation must be worked out on a day by day basis. This is why discipleship is so important. Today, many Christians preach getting saved and go to church; this is not what Jesus preached. He preached discipleship into the kingdom of God.
Thank you woman of God for this mind and scriptural searching discussion. Salvation (To be born again) is free but to ascend into heaven is expensive and needs our working. Paul admonished all Christians in Phil 2:12 to work out our own salvation with fear and trembling. This is my opinion. If the prodigal son didn't repent he would have gone to hell. The heretic message that flew across the world few years ago that once saved forever saved was a message from the pit of hell to lead innocent saints to hell.
Judas is definitely in hell Mt 26:24 The Son of man goeth as it is written of him: but woe unto that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! it had been good for that man if he had not been born. Acts 1;16-20. Judas committed suicide also. This is my personal opinion from my understanding of scriptures. We all need to work in the narrow way and ask daily for his grace to see us through this race. God bless you all.
Amen, Sister that is the message all believers must be hearing to hear otherswise is detrimental not only to the hearers but for the preacher who falsely teach that salvation is eternal regardless.

Evang Mrs Gladys Malachi said:
Thank you woman of God for this mind and scriptural searching discussion. Salvation (To be born again) is free but to ascend into heaven is expensive and needs our working. Paul admonished all Christians in Phil 2:12 to work out our own salvation with fear and trembling. This is my opinion. If the prodigal son didn't repent he would have gone to hell. The heretic message that flew across the world few years ago that once saved forever saved was a message from the pit of hell to lead innocent saints to hell.
Judas is definitely in hell Mt 26:24 The Son of man goeth as it is written of him: but woe unto that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! it had been good for that man if he had not been born. Acts 1;16-20. Judas committed suicide also. This is my personal opinion from my understanding of scriptures. We all need to work in the narrow way and ask daily for his grace to see us through this race. God bless you all.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Ads

SHO'NUFF IT'S GOD'S WILL"A QUEEN SHO'NUFF"

Order your copy online Today Republished/Revised

Click and Order Here

Order Your Copy HERE

LOVE WORLDWIDE

Click For Your Free Bible

JAMAR Place Of Peace

WORLDWIDE INTERNET HOSPITAL INC.

Early Morning Prayer Mon.-Sat. 7am est. 605-475-6150 Code #374551

All Books Available on Amazon by Felecia Spaulding!

"The LORD will perfect that which concerneth me; Thy mercy, O LORD, endureth for ever; forsake not the works of Thine own hands."

Sale Price
"Life On Elm Street"

LIFE ON ELM STREET

New REVISED copy

Dr. BJ Relefourd

Bro.Mick Alexander

GENERAL MOMom

LIFE WITH MOM and DAD

D&C EDUCATORS

"LAYER OF LIVING"

ORDER YOUR COPY

Sale Price