If you have some Natural Remedies, please share them here, I would love to hear from you because I'm always looking for new cures and the latest research on Natural Health, thanks!
Replies are closed for this discussion.
The next time you reach for a banana, don’t discard the peel. It has multiple uses, from soothing mosquito bites to shining shoes. Just read on:
Mosquito bites: Before reaching for the insect bite ointment, try rubbing the inside of a banana skin on the affected area. It has been reported by many at reducing swelling and irritation.
Warts: A natural wart remedy. Cut a small piece of banana skin and place it on the wart, with the yellow side out. Tape the skin with surgical tape.
Shoe Shine: Rub the inside of the banana skin directly on the shoe and polish with dry cloth. (I heard this hint years ago from radio host, Paul Harvey.) ·
Soil Enrichment: Adding banana peels to the soil helps tomato and green pepper plants to thrive. Banana peels contain potash and phosphorus. Chop peels and place several pieces into the hole before planting the seedlings and you’ll have strong trunks and stems on your plants. (Tip excertped from Pearls of Garden Wisdom.)
Rose Booster: Give your roses a boost by placing banana skins in a spray bottle with warm water. Allow the sealed bottle to sit at least 2 weeks or until fermented. Spray the liquid on rose bushes. (Tip excerpted from Pearls of Garden Wisdom.)
Liquid Plant Fertilizer: In a blender puree 1 part banana peelings along with 3 parts water. Pour liquid blend on the soil surrounding your garden flowers or potted plants. It makes a great boost for indoor container plants, too. (Tip excerpted from Pearls of Garden Wisdom.)
Animal Feed: Our mule Sally and horse, Apache love to snack on banana peelings. Don’t forget to remove the sticker first!
The active ingredient in turmeric is Curcumin. Turmeric has been used for over 2500 years in India, where it was most likely first used as a dye.
The medicinal properties of this spice have been slowly revealing themselves over the centuries. Long known for its anti-inflammatory properties, recent research has revealed that turmeric is a natural wonder, proving beneficial in the treatment of many different health conditions from cancer to Alzheimer's disease.
Here are 20 reasons to add turmeric to your diet:
1. It is a natural antiseptic and antibacterial agent, useful in disinfecting cuts and burns.
2. When combined with cauliflower, it has shown to prevent prostate cancer and stop the growth of existing prostate cancer.
3. Prevented breast cancer from spreading to the lungs in mice.
4. May prevent melanoma and cause existing melanoma cells to commit suicide.
5. Reduces the risk of childhood leukemia.
6. Is a natural liver detoxifier.
7. May prevent and slow the progression of Alzheimer's disease by removing amyloyd plaque buildup in the brain.
8. May prevent metastases from occurring in many different forms of cancer.
9. It is a potent natural anti-inflammatory that works as well as many anti-inflammatory drugs but without the side effects.
10. Has shown promise in slowing the progression of multiple sclerosis in mice.
11. Is a natural painkiller and cox-2 inhibitor.
12. May aid in fat metabolism and help in weight management.
13. Has long been used in Chinese medicine as a treatment for depression.
14. Because of its anti-inflammatory properties, it is a natural treatment for Arthritis and Rheumatoid Arthritis.
15. Boosts the effects of Chemo drug, Paclitaxel and reduces its side effects.
16. Promising studies are underway on the effects of Turmeric on Pancreatic cancer.
17. Studies are ongoing in the positive effects of Turmeric on multiple Myeloma.
18. Has been shown to stop the growth of new blood vessels in tumors.
19. Speeds up wound healing and assists in remodeling of damaged skin.
20. May help in the treatment of Psoriasis and other inflammatory skin conditions.
Turmeric can be taken in powder or pill form. It is available in pill form in most Health Food Stores, usually in 250-500mg capsules.
Once you start using Turmeric on a regular basis, it's fun to find new ways to use it in Recipes. My favorite way to use it is to add a pinch of it to Egg Salad. It adds a nice flavor and gives the Egg Salad a rich Yellow hue.
Contraindications: Turmeric should not be used by people with gallstones or bile obstruction. Though turmeric is often used by pregnant women, it is important to consult with a doctor before doing so as Turmeric can be a uterine stimulant.