Look Up......by Melody Bonnette

I lift up my eyes to the hills—where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.
Psalm 121:1–2 (NIV)

Many years ago a friend shared her favorite tidbit of wisdom with my five-year-old son. “When in doubt, look up,” she advised him. He immediately looked up at the sky. She smiled. “That’s right, Christopher. If you’re ever in doubt of what to do, just look up. The answer always comes when we remember to ask our Father in heaven.”

A few weeks later I took Christopher to the county fair. We rode kiddy rides, visited the pens of farm animals and finished off the day with some cotton candy. Sunburned and exhausted, we made our way to the parking lot. I dug around in my purse for the car keys. After a few minutes of searching, I peered into the car; my keys were still in the ignition. “Oh no,” I groaned, “we’re locked out of the car! Now what?”

“When in doubt, look up,” Christopher said.

“Not now, honey,” I said. “I’ve got to figure out what to do.”

“Mommy, when in doubt, look up,” he repeated.

“Okay, honey,” I sighed, “you’re right. Let’s pray.” I took his hand in mine. “Lord, we’re stranded here at the fairgrounds. Please help us find a solution to our problem. Amen.”

Just then, we heard a loud roar overhead. It was a small biplane pulling a banner advertising a locksmith! I quickly wrote down the phone number. “Let’s go find a pay phone!” I said.

A few hours later we were back in our car, headed home. I looked into my rearview mirror at Christopher buckled into his car seat, sound asleep. I said a prayer of thanks for this little boy, whose simple faith had led me to just the right answer.

Lord, may I always remember to look up to You for the answers in my life.

Views: 20

Replies to This Discussion

WITCHYS WIKKED GRAPHIX
WITCHYS WIKKED GRAPHIX

Thanks for reminding us of this important subject of Faith. What the boy did then reminded me of the scriptures that says ...a little one shall lead them. This has gone to make me realize the importance of teaching our children the basic truths of the word of God for they never forget. Simple obedience and great rewards. When I am in doubt of what to do next, I will always look up for there is the answer! Thank you great sister, you are an inspiration to me. God bless
B.J
This message is enough for anyone to step into a glorious destiny. Teaching our children about God is the key to sustaining their future and also transferring Christ virtues into them. It is the virtue in us that makes the difference in the game of life. A person that is empty inside is not better than a dead lion. It is easier for a novice who is a friend of God to live in the supernatural than an enlightened folk on the highway to hell.

God Bless Min. Felecia Spaulding.

Ruyi.
As a child Psalm 121 was one of the Psalm we were taught to know by heart and when I look at it now I can understand why because to me it's as important as Psalm 23. In life we face so many trials and we come across so many storms whether mild or raging we need to know that God is the one help we are assured of and when we are in a jam the first place to turn is to our Saviour who has the power to keep us protected from harm. He is the only one who can shelter us from all harm and he is the only one that can keep us alive.

RSS

Ads

SHO'NUFF IT'S GOD'S WILL"A QUEEN SHO'NUFF"

Order your copy online Today Republished/Revised

Click and Order Here

Order Your Copy HERE

LOVE WORLDWIDE

Click For Your Free Bible

JAMAR Place Of Peace

WORLDWIDE INTERNET HOSPITAL INC.

Early Morning Prayer Mon.-Sat. 7am est. 605-475-6150 Code #374551

All Books Available on Amazon by Felecia Spaulding!

"The LORD will perfect that which concerneth me; Thy mercy, O LORD, endureth for ever; forsake not the works of Thine own hands."

Sale Price
"Life On Elm Street"

LIFE ON ELM STREET

New REVISED copy

Dr. BJ Relefourd

Bro.Mick Alexander

GENERAL MOMom

LIFE WITH MOM and DAD

D&C EDUCATORS

"LAYER OF LIVING"

ORDER YOUR COPY

Sale Price